Neil H. McLaurin IV
Neil is a Senior Associate at Katine & Nechman LLP. He is a native Houstonian who attended Memorial High School, Class of 1990. He graduated from Vanderbilt University in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts in English. He received his law degree from SMU’s Dedman School of Law in 1997. He is licensed in Texas as well as the U.S. Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts.
Neil divides his practice between general civil and real estate litigation and the representation of commercial and residential property owners’ associations and their members. Prior to entering the POA practice area, Neil handled transactional real estate matters and served as a commercial escrow officer and underwriting counsel for Chicago Title in Dallas, Texas.
Neil represents all shapes and sizes of property owners’ associations, from condominiums to townhomes to master planned communities. He handles all manner of transactional and litigation matters for residential and commercial POAs in Texas, including:
- Drafting original and amended dedicatory instruments
- Advising associations on matters of governance and operations
- Prosecuting collection and deed restriction enforcement litigation
- Defending claims against associations and their officers & directors
- Representing associations in Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy matters
- Conducting foreclosure sales
- Serving as an expert witness in association litigation.
He also represents individual owners in disputes with their property owners’ associations.
Neil previously served on the Houston Chapter of Community Association Institute’s Education Committee and is currently a member of its Legal Committee.
Neil’s general litigation practice includes matters relating to contract disputes, Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims, construction defects, title and title insurance issues, landlord-tenant disputes, and adjoining landowner issues.
Neil and his wife Bridget live in west Houston with their son and daughter.
KATINE & NECHMAN L.L.P.
1834 Southmore Blvd.
Houston, TX 77004
Toll Free: 866-752-3672