Representing Clients Throughout Houston and Around the World
When people have legal problems, they look for attorneys who have successfully handled cases similar to theirs. Do not trust your future with an attorney not versed in the particular area of law that keeps you up at night.
At Katine Nechman McLaurin LLP in Houston, Texas, our law firm is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate attorneys who will assist you with a wide variety of complex state and federal legal matters. We have significant experience working with clients from around the world, helping them with their immigration and other legal needs — we are well-prepared to help you.
Hire a Law Firm You Can Trust
Contact Katine Nechman McLaurin Today
Experience is one of the best ways to gauge the skills of your lawyer. At Katine Nechman McLaurin, our attorneys have more than 35 years of combined experience. We have the skills and experience to successfully handle all your important legal needs, including those involving:
- Immigration — We help individuals, families and businesses throughout Texas and around the world achieve their dreams and goals in America.
- Criminal law — Our firm's criminal defense attorneys represent clients facing a variety of charges involving immigration-related crimes, sex crimes drug charges and drunk driving.
- LGBT family law — Our Texas gay rights attorneys help same-sex couples with second-parent adoptions, domestic partnerships and seek to preserve clients' legal rights during a break-up.
- Real estate — We represent buyers, sellers, owners, and homeowners' associations with their transactional and litigation needs.
- Estate planning — We offer comprehensive estate planning solutions including last wills and testaments, medical powers of attorney and guardianships. We also seek to preserve clients' rights in probate.
- Employment law — Our legal team offers legal services in a variety of areas involving severance agreements, employment contracts and unemployment compensation.
- Disability claims — The attorneys at our firm handle ERISA and long term disability claims.
We have an extensive background advocating for our clients' rights. In 2003, attorney Mitchell Katine was one of the lawyers who brought Lawrence v. Texas to the U.S. Supreme Court. In a landmark and precedent-setting decision, the court declared sodomy laws unconstitutional throughout the United States.
We also compassionately advocate for clients who are HIV-positive or who have full-blown AIDS. We fight to protect them from discrimination in the workplace and in their daily lives while they seek to obtain vital medical treatment.
Mediation — an Alternative to Litigation
Given the time, expense and stress associated with a trial, sometimes litigation is not the most time- or cost-effective legal option. Alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration, negotiation or mediation may be much better-suited for you. Mitchell Katine understands the importance of mediation — he has been certified as a mediator since 1992. We are available to handle mediations involving all types of legal issues.
Dedicated to Making Our Community Better
We Will Treat You Like Family — Contact Us
Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation. We offer a hands-on approach to provide you with the best representation possible. We are committed to representing you effectively and protecting your legal rights.
Se Habla Español
Katine Nechman McLaurin LLP
1834 Southmore Blvd.
Houston, TX 77004
Toll Free: 866-752-3672